Zombies are reanimated, mindless, decaying corpses with a hunger for human brains. They are the main antagonists of Bloom and Doom, as the objective of the game is to prevent them from eating the player's brains. Zombies, like their defensive counterparts the plants, are varied in strength as well as speed, and command unique aspects which must be countered appropriately.
A total of 60 zombies appear in the game
List of Zombies
|Name||Image||Toughness||Health||Speed||Special||First appears in|
|Zombie||Average||10||Basic||Tutorial Level 1|
|Conehead Zombie||Protected||28||Basic||Tutorial Level 3|
|Buckethead Zombie||Hardened||65||Slow||Tutorial Level 4|
|Flag Zombie||Avrage||10||Hungry||Signals a huge wave of zombies approaching||Tutorial Level 2|
|Speedy Zombie||Solid||12||Speedy||Walks a lot faster then regular zombies||Frontyard - Level 3|
|Pole Vaulter Zombie||Solid||16||Flighty
|Rushes into the screen, jumping over the first plant she encounters||Frontyard - Level 5|
|Gargantuar||Great||200||Hungry||Crushes plants, throws an Imp when taken 100 damage||Frontyard - Level 10|
|Imp||Fragile||8||Hungry||Thrown by Gargantuars||Frontyard - Level 10|
|Gets faster whenever Newspaper breaks|
|Has a screen-door as a sheild|
|American Football Zombie||Machined (In-game: Hardened)||75||Flighty
|Rushes into the screen and tackles the first plant it encounters for 50 damage.|
|Spawns four Backup Dancers around itself for protection|
|Backup Dancer||Avrage||10||Basic||Gets summoned by Disco Zombies|
|Duckytube Zombie||Avrage||10||Basic||Can only appear in the pool lanes, comes in Cone, bucket and flag variants|
|Snorkel Zombie||Solid||15||Hungry||Submerges underwater and avoids straight shooting projectiles|
|Zomboni||Hardened||58||Stiff||Crushes plants and leaves behind an Ice trail|
|Zombie Bobsled Team||Avrage
(Dense for the whole group)
|10 per zombie||Speedy
|Appears in groups of Four on the ice trails left by Zomboni|
|Lifeguard Zombie||Protected||24||Basic||Pulls plants on the water lanes out of the water lanes|
|Dolphin Rider Zombie||Solid||14||Flighty
|Rushes into the screen, jumping over the first plant he encounters|
|Balloon Zombie||Dense||37||Swifty||Hovers past your defenses|
|Digs past your defenses and appears on the fourth lane|
|Jumps over multiple plants at once|
|Jack-in-the-box Zombie||Solid||18||Swifty||Explodes in a 3x3 area whenever the song finishes playing.|
|Bungee Zombie||Protected||20||Unmoving||Steals plants and drops zombies down your defenses|
|Places a ladder on the first defensive plant it encounters, allowing zombies to bypass it|
|Fires basketballs at the most dangerous plants in the lane|
|Brickhead Zombie||Machined||120||Stiff||Kind of a big deal|
|Hooks your plants to the right|
|Barrlehead Zombie||Machined||120||Stiff||Also kind of a big deal|
|Trashcan Zombie||Machined||100||Basic||Has a trashcan that absorbs an absurd amount of damage|
(10 for Zombie)
|Distracts plants. Can be killed with ease using pults|
|Giga American Football Zombie||Great||112||Flighty
|Crashes into the lawn and defeats all zombies and enviorment modifiers in her path.
When it reaches a plant it stops
|Giga-Gargantuar||Undying||400||Speedy||Plan 1: RUN!
Plan 2: Kill him
Plan 3: Can't execute cuz u ded
|Pied Piper Zombie||Protected||27||Slow||Releases Zombie Mice when damaged enough|
|Zombie Mouse||Fragile||0.87||Flighty||Gets released by Pied Piper Zombies|
|Dog-walker Zombie||Solid||16||Hungry||Has his dog in front of him, protecting him from damage|
|Biodome Botanist Zombie||Protected||23||Basic||Creates a peashooter that cannot be dug up on a random tile|
|Paparazi Zombie||Solid||12||Speedy||Blinds plants with the flash on their camera|
|Snowplower Zombie||Dense||48||Hungry||Drives a snowplower that moves both Zombies and Plants to the life|
|Ice skating Zombies||Protected||25||Speedy||Skates around the frozen pool and changes lanes|
|Exploding Imp||Fragile||8||Swifty||Crashes into the screen and explodes in a 3x3 area|
|Icehead Zombie||Machined||120||Stiff||Even more of a big deal|
|Heal Zombie||Hardened||65||Slow||Keeps zombies around her alive|
|Sun Magnet Zombie||Solid||15||Basic||Drags and collects your sun.|
|Skis and flies two rows when reaching a snow pile. Then walks normaly|
|Footsolider Zombie||Dense||34||Swifty||Lands on random locations on the screen|
|Engineer Zombie||Protected||30||Slow||Builds a teleporter that spawns zombies|
|Scientict Zombie||Protected||28||Hungry||Warps into the screen and deploys a heal station that heals zombies in a 3x3 area|
|General Foily Boss Fight|
|The Coat Horde*||Undying||1000||Basic||A huge wave of 100 classic Zombies||Foily Boss Square 1|
|Disco King||Great||500||Hungry||A mini-boss that summons Disco Zombies around him and they summon backup dancers||Foily Boss Square 4|
|Aqua Troop*||Great||685||Hungry||A group of ~60 Snorkel Zombies that submerges underwater at all times, even when eating||Foily Boss Square 5|
|The Feindish Eight*||Boss||2150||Swifty||A horde of Eight Balloon Zombies that moves a bit quicker then the normal Balloon Zombies, they also got more health||Foily Boss Square 9|
|Bungee Club*||Machined||126||Unmoving||You need to kill them all, or else this wont end||Foily Boss Square 13|
|Pirate von Pirate Zombie||Boss||2387||Unmoving||A pirate who spends all of her time laughing at you during this battle, where she summons hordes of barrelhead zombies||Foily Boss Square 17|
|Giga Giga American Football Zombie||Boss||4000||Flighty||Be gone, THOT||Foily Boss Square 19|
|Glitter Ice Zombie||Great||575||Speedy||Skates around the ice and moves around your plants so they won't hit her||Foily Boss Square 20|
|General Foily (Phase 1)||Boss||5000||Unmoving||Summons zombies in big hordes. You can only damage her hands that she puts on the far right and left side of the lawn.||Foily Boss Battle Finale|
|General Foily (Phase 2)||3500||Uses a gun that charges up before shooting that kills both plants and zombies in its wake|
|General Foily (Phase 3)||4000||Shifting||She isn't that.. huge any longer and appears on either side of the lawn, summoning zombies that face the towoards the center of the lawn|
|General Foily (Phase 4)||10,000||Unmoving||Becomes huge again and is now hunting for blood, summoning waves of Giga-Gargs and smashes plants with her own hands|
- A * means that the toughness this boss is described with counts all of the zombies in the group
- Creeper - Takes 7.5 seconds to move one square. (0.133 square/second)
- Stiff - Takes 6.75 seconds to move one square. (0.148 square/second)
- Slow - Takes 5.50 seconds to move one square (notgonnabother square/second)
- Basic - Takes 5.0 seconds to move one square. (0.2 square/second)
- Hungry - Takes 3.75 seconds to move one square. (0.266 square/second)
- Speedy - Takes 2.5 seconds to move one square. (0.4 square/second)
- Swifty - Takes 1 second to move one square. (1 square/second)
- Flighty - Takes 0.5 seconds to move one square. (2 squares/second)
- Fragile - Absorbs 0.25-4.5 normal damage shots.
- Average - Absorbs 10 normal damage shots.
- Solid - Absorbs 12-16 normal damage shots.
- Protected - Absorbs 17-30 normal damage shots.
- Dense - Absorbs 34-50 normal damage shots.
- Hardened - Absorbs 51-85 normal damage shots.
- Machined - Absorbs 90-125 normal damage shots.
- Great - Absorbs 180-600 normal damage shots.
- Undying - Absorbs 650-1475 normal damage shots.
- Boss - Absorbs 2400+ normal damage shots.
- Conehead Zombie is the only Female Zombie that dosn't have any visible breasts
- The Speedy Zombie's real name is Ellie, as seen in one of the teaser trailers.
- The Newspaper zombie's newspaper shows the headline "Idiot zooms into newspaper carried by zombie"
- The Screendoor zombie uses the unused Classic Zombie's female texture.
- The Snorkel zombie is the first confirmed LGTBQ zombie
- The Zomboni refrences Weed in his almanac entry
- The Balloon zombie is the only zombie to be under 16 years of age. The follow up zombie, at 16 years of age is the Jack-in-the-Box Zombie.
- Brickhead Zombie is the only "basic" zombie to not have a tie.
- The Giga American Football zombie was called "A thot with makeup and a choker" by a Classic Zombie during one of the Teaser Trailers.
- Ice Skating zombie bears a striking recemblance to The Player
- Heal Zombie is the only bald female zombie
- Ski Zombie is the only zombie to start moving slower when reaching something other then plants.
- Footsolider Zombie bears the Concept verison of General Foily